NOTICE TO GLEN ARBOR TOWNSHIP RESIDENTS
SPECIAL ANNUAL WASTE CLEAN-UP FOR
ITEMS NOT NORMALLY COLLECTED OR RECYCLED
Saturday May 29, 2021
8:00 a.m. – noon
Township residents must have all refuse placed at their normal curb-side trash pick-up location by 7:00 a.m. Saturday morning. That day, American Waste will make one pass down each street for pick-up.
Each residence will be allowed:
- up to16 bags of trash
- 1 large white good or appliance i.e., water heater, dryer, etc. Note: Refrigerators, freezers or air-conditioners must have Freon removed and be tagged by a certified technician. Any unit not properly tagged will not be accepted.
- furniture, electronics, T.V.’s, monitors, (anything with a plug)
- open and dry latex paint cans
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED:
- liquids, chemicals, or toxic substances
- yard waste
- batteries (automotive, household), florescent or LED light bulbs
- construction waste including shingles
Homestead residents and those without curb-side pickup:
- Please bring your refuse to the recycling area at the Leelanau School between 8:00 a.m. and noon. American Waste staff will be there to assist with handling.
There is no direct cost for this service. Cost will be expensed through the township general fund.
Questions: Call Glen Arbor Twp. Office 231-334-3539