Notice to Glen Arbor Township Residents:
Special annual waste clean-up for items not normally collected or recycled
Saturday May 26, 2018 from 8am – Noon
Township residents must have all refuse placed at their normal curbside trash pick-up location by 7am Saturday morning. That day, American Waste will make one pass down each street for pick-up.
EACH RESIDENCE WILL BE ALLOWED:
• up to 16 bags of trash
• 1 large white good or appliance (ie water heater, dryer, etc) Refrigerators, freezers or air conditioners must have Freon removed and be tagged by a certified technician. Any unit not properly tagged will not be accepted.
• Furniture, Electronics, TV’s, Monitors (anything with a plug)
• open and dry latex paint cans
• 2 car or truck tires
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED:
• Liquids, chemicals or toxic substances
• Yard waste
• Batteries (automotive, household) and Florescent or LED light bulbs
• Construction wast like shingles
Homestead residents and those without curbside pickup:
Please bring your refuse to the recycling area at the Leelanau School between 8am and Noon. American Waste staff will be there to assist with handling.
There will not be any direct cost for this service. Cost will be expensed through the township general fund balance. Depending upon the usage and participation, this program will likely become an annual service to the community.
Call the Glen Arbor Township Office (231)334-3539